A Guide to Power Bob-Tach® Hydraulic Cylinders Replacement
Bobcat® Power Bob-Tach mounting systems use hydraulic cylinders to power buckets, grapples, and other skid steer loader and track loader attachments. These versatile systems are designed for fast, easy attachment changeouts—and it’s no different when it comes to Bob-Tach hydraulic cylinder replacement.
Gather these supplies before you start:
- Bobcat Power Bob-Tach replacement hydraulic cylinder
- Wrench and socket wrench
- Work gloves
- Clean, lint-free cloth
How to Replace Power Bob-Tach Hydraulic Cylinders
Start by removing any attachments from your Bob-Tach attachment system. Next, prepare your work surface by laying a large cloth on the Power Bob-Tach. This step is important to catch hydraulic fluid and create a dry, clean work surface that protects your equipment and new hydraulic cylinder from damage.
Now, we’re ready to start:
Step 1: Use a wrench to loosen the hydraulic cylinder fluid lines but do not detach them from the cylinder (yet).
Step 2: Remove the old hydraulic cylinder mounting bolts with a socket wrench.
Step 3: Place the old hydraulic cylinder on the cloth-covered Bob-tach attachment. At this point, the old cylinder is still partially connected to the fluid lines, so use caution.
Step 4: Place the new aftermarket Bob-Tach replacement hydraulic cylinder on the mounts. Attach the mounting bolts and tighten them with a socket wrench.
Step 5: Use a wrench to remove the fluid lines from the old cylinder and attach them to the new replacement hydraulic cylinder. Make sure your connections are tight to prevent hydraulic fluid leaks and contamination.
Step 6: Test the new replacement hydraulic cylinder before remounting any attachments.
Watch this video for a step-by-step visual on replacing your Bobcat Bob-Tach attachment hydraulic cylinder.
Using Aftermarket Hydraulic Cylinders for Power Bob-Tach Attachment Systems
Are you trying to decide on the best replacement hydraulic cylinder for Bob-Tach Power Bob-Tach attachment systems? OEM cylinders might be your go-to, but there are many advantages of aftermarket hydraulic cylinders for Power Bob-Tach attachments. It all comes down to choosing a brand offering comparable benefits.
Consider these factors when choosing an aftermarket hydraulic cylinder for Power Bob-Tach attachment systems.
- Quality: Purchasing high-quality equipment is an investment. Using aftermarket hydraulic cylinders that meet those same quality standards ensures your Bob-Tach attachment performs optimally.
- Performance: Downtime is costly—and a headache. Aftermarket hydraulic cylinders that meet or exceed your performance requirements prevent overworking your equipment and improve performance in the field.
- Availability: When your Bobcat Bob-Tach attachment is down, you need to get replacement hydraulic cylinders in your hands fast. Choosing a supplier with a large inventory, reliable supplier network, and short lead times gets your equipment back up and running more quickly.
- Industry Expertise: Sometimes, you need help finding the right aftermarket cylinder for Bob-Tach attachment systems. An experienced supplier can guide you through the selection process and offer recommendations based on your equipment, application, and operating environment.
Hydraulic Cylinders, Inc. offers aftermarket Bob-Tach hydraulic cylinders that exceed OEM standards. Our welded rod cylinders have a performance-built design offering high durability and strength. Even the most challenging applications are no match for our aftermarket replacement hydraulic cylinders. We also manufacture custom replacement cylinders to meet your unique specifications and performance requirements.
With everything sourced and manufactured in the U.S., you can count on more inventory and faster shipping. Contact us at 1-866-817-9043 for help finding a replacement hydraulic cylinder for your Bobcat equipment.